① I am a writer.
② Helen is an editor.
③ They have a good future.
④ Dr Chen teaches us English.
⑤ Some old houses were burnt to the ground.
⑥ A deserted hut has already been demolished.
⑦ David and Jason are colleagues.
⑧The driver and the passenger were involved in a quarrel.
●两个主语由“with”或“as well as ”等连接时，动词要和第一个主语的人称及数目呼应，如：
⑨ A woman with her puppies is walking along the lake.
⑩ The monitor as well as the other students has been scolded.
11. Either you or your friend is wrong.
12. Neither John nor his classmates have said it.
13. The steering committee is made up of five members.
14. The jury has made its final decision.
15. The committee have met once and they will meet again next month.
16. Despite hours of deliberations, the jury were still divided in their opinions.