Vocabulary and Structure （40 points）
There are 40 incomplete sentences in this section. For each sentence there are four choices marked A， B， C and D. Choose one answer that best completes the sentence and blacken the corresponding letter on the Answer Sheet.
11. Which is ______ country， the United States or Canada？
A. a larger B. larger C. the larger D. the largest
12. The silk feels ________.
A. soft B. softly C. softness D. softy
13. Two nuclear power stations _______ in the past ten years.
A. are built B. have been built C. would be built D. are building
14. They kept on ______ till they got to the foot of the hill.
A. to run B. running C. runing D. run
15. There is much work to do， _______？
A. isn‘t it B. is there C. isn’t there D. is it
16. _______ as he is， he can‘t understand the English film.
A. A student of English B. Though a student of English
C. Student of English D. Being a student of English
17. The old in the country _______ taken good care of.
A. have B. has C. is D. are
18. Not a single mistake _______ in the test.
A. he made B. did he make C. he has made D. made he
19. ______ my surprise， I got a high grade in this test.
A. For B. To C. To be D. On
20. She never agree _______ you， did she？
A. to B. with C. in D. at
21. Would you mind _______ a photo of you？
A. me take B. to take C. my taking D. me to take
22. The lady treats the boy well as if he ______ her own son.
A. is B. was C. were D. would be
23. _______ round the city， we were impressed by the city‘s new look.
A. Taken B. Taking C. To be taken D. Being taken
24. He had a pain _______ his back.
A. on B. with C. in D. onto
25. The city _______ I was born is on the new railway line.
A. which B. that C. on which D. where
26. I had _______ that I would always remember it.
A. so a good experience B. such a good experience
C. so good an experience D. such good an experience
27. ______ give us help is welcome.
A. Who ever B. Whoever C. No matter who D. Those who
28. After running for nearly half an hour， I was ________.
A. out of place B. out of control C. out of breath D. out of practice
29. The mother told the little boy to do all the things _______.
A. on himself B. on his own C. to himself D. by own
30. You had better _______ a jacket， because it is cold outside.
A. take on B. to take on C. put on D. to put on